What causes an infected pimple? Get more insights on the infected cyst, pimple or blackhead on face, legs, lip, symptoms and how to get rid of it.
Infected Pimple on Face
A pimple is a small inflammation that occurs on the skin either due to infection, ingrown hair or during puberty for teenagers who are full of hormonal reactions. Research has it that about 80% of the people in the world must have at least pimples in their life time.
What is an infected pimple?
This skin condition occurs when there is hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands which causes the pores to clog with sebum. After the clogging there is high risk that bacteria would thrive there by causing an infected pimple to occur.
This pimples are normally so painful and also not responding to treatments.
- Bacterial infection
Symptoms of infected pimples on face
- Whiteheads – this are usually small and appear to be under the skin. They are normally not yet exposed to bacterial infection.
- Blackheads – usually appear to be black. They are black or dark because they are open comedones and many people scrub them hard to remove them which is not good since it worsen the condition.
- Papules – the pimple may appear pinkish in color and small as compared to papules.
- Pustules – they are usually filled with pus and can be visible on the skin surface with a red base. This make people to hate them due to their disturbing appearance that normally shouts on the skin surface.
- Nodules – nodules are so painful to touch compared to papules it develop deeper into the skin.
- Cysts – this type of pimple may cause scar formation and it is very painful due to accumulation of pus.
Infected Pimple on Legs
This pimples may appear to be red in color in most cases. They can be itchy and inflaming though they are not that much harming. But always be cautious since they may be carrying an serious infection. The red bumps on your legs may be caused by allergies, insect bites, infection, and numerous skin conditions. The infected pimples on your legs tend to vary by age and health condition one may be having.
What could be this red bumps on your legs?
This are red or white bumps that resemble goosebumps on the fleshier areas of your legs and arms. They usually don’t itch or if they do, it is very little.
Keratosis Pilaris occur when pores are clogged with keratin, which is protein found in the skin, nails and hair. They often occur to people with dry skin or eczema.
This are small red pimples that occurs on your legs when you shave the hair or when you wear clothing that rubs your skin.
This skin condition is caused by bacteria or fungi that infect the hair follicles. When you shave, wear tight cloths, when combined with heat and sweat may result to folliculitis.
Eczema [atopic dermatitis]
These are red spots combined in patches and they tend to itch very much. They appear as dry and scaly or they can blister and ooze a clear fluid.
Also called urticarial, they are raised, itchy red or skin-tone welts which may turn white when pressed at their center. Hives appear anywhere on the body regardless of age that one may have. Their appearance can be triggered by some foods, medication, pollen, latex, insect bites, heat or cold.
There are common insects that when they bite you, they may leave bug bites on your skin. These may include mosquitoes, fleas, chiggers, lice, bed bugs, scabies and gnats.
Infected Pimple on Lip
Most of the pimples that occur on the lip are mostly confused with cold sores, fever blisters or herpes among other conditions associated with swollen blister like acne, zit, or pimple around the lips.
Difference between pimples on the lips and cold sores
Cold sores [fever blisters or herpes]
These are small and painful blisters that show up on or around the lips, caused by herpes simplex virus – 1 [HSV – 1]. The blister can show up on the lips, in your mouth, face, gum, neck, mouth roof, throat, tongue, genital area and other areas of the body.
The sores in the genital area are caused by a different virus which is herpes simplex virus – 2.
Common symptoms of HSV- 2
- Itching at the infection site
- Bumps or pimple like session
- Painful blisters
- Vesicles erupt or ooze a clear yellowish fluid.
When you have this symptoms then you automatically have cold sores mostly if if they are associated with fever, aches, irritability, and tiredness.
If the pimple is associated with sickness then you might be having herpes.
Normal pimple on lip [acne or zits]
This is a kind of a skin condition in which dead skin cells and oil get stuck in the Hair follicle turning them into small red bumps. When filled with pus the pimples may have whitish tips or when they are inflamed with hair follicle.
Pimples have a tendency of not healing fast and they may reappear again leaving behind marks or scars.
Normal pimple on the lips are not associated with symptoms as for cold sores. This pimples appear on the lip line, corners of the lips, inside the mouth, under the nose or on the lower lip.
Causes of pimples on the lips
Hormonal imbalance – this occurs during various stages of life. You may find most women having pimples on their lips when pregnant due to hormonal changes. Teens as well during their pubic stage may at one time have pimples on their lips due to their hyperactive glands and hormonal changes.
Sexually transmitted diseases – herpes is a sexually transmitted disease that is associated with a lip pimple. These usually appear as small clusters with ulcer like look and with pain.
Skin type – people with oily skin are more prone to pimples even to their lips as compared to their other skin types. This is a clear reason why you are having pimple on lip.
Allergic reaction – there are other lip care products that may activate you having lip pimples. This is because you may be allergic to some ingredients used in the manufacture of the product.
Contaminated or expired lip care products – once these products are expired or contaminated they can harbor some pathogens which can cause pimples and other infections on the lips.
Poor diet – food that contain much of fats and that which is unhealthy can cause you problems. Can develop acne on your body and even the lip due junk and greasy food that is unhealthy.
Poor personal cleanliness – not cleaning your mouth after a meal that contains much fats or grease may leave the pores on your mouth clogged. At the end you may have pimples on the lip.
Medicine that contain harmful elements – using medicine that has harmful elements may lead you to develop infected pimples on your lips.
Other causes of pimples on the lip
Smoking – people who smoke may have a high tendency to pimples on the lips than the non-smokers
Presence of fluoride element in the toothpaste – some people react to this element in the toothpaste leading to them developing pimples on their lips.
Stress – it may result to a repetitive pimple on the mouth that only come when the affected person is stressed.
Hazardous environment which is full of pollution.
Heredity from parents who have the same issue of lip pimples.
How to get rid of a pimple on your lip
- Choose the best lip balm that won’t affect your lip
Always go for the lighter or sheer lip glows and those that contain less pigment so that they won’t clog your lip pores.
- Maintain good lip hygiene and use anti-acne products
Always keep your lips clean by getting rid of all grease and fats by washing it clean. This can be done by use of a pad soaked in the salicylic acid toner which is good in clearing off all oils from your lips.
- Scrub your lip and exfoliate it
Make sure you scrub your lips to remove all the dead skin cells. To exfoliate you can use any good lip exfoliator in the market or natural ones.
- By use of hot or cold compresses
This is the best home remedy, where by you use a cloth with warm water to soothe the swollen part.
- Avoid popping or squeezing the pimple.
- Always use the best face care products that are not irritating to your skin
- Make sure you take a good diet with plenty of water
- Avoid stress at all times or learn how to manage it.
Infected Pimple on Face Swelling
A swollen pimple can be very painful especially when it is infected. When a pimple forms on your face, there are a few things you will need to carry out to prevent it from increasing in size and causing inflammation. You can use soothing topical applications as part of your home treatment.
If the pimple is in a worse condition it is very important that you seek help from a dermatologist who can give the right advice on medication.
How to lessen swollen infected pimple on face
- To reduce the pimple swelling and redness quickly, you can hold an ice cube against it. This will help to reduce pain cause by the irritation of the pimple.
- Make sure clean your face at least twice on a daily basis is practiced without fail. You may use cleansers with some anti-bacterial wash to kill the infection.
- Apply over the counter cream to your pimple once every day before increasing the application to twice a day if there is no result after a week.
- If the acne does not go away, visit a dermatologist who can offer the best prescription for you.
- Do not irritate the acne by staying direct to the sun, and also avoid oil-based cosmetics or sunscreens to prevent further blocking of the pores which can result to more infected pimples in the face.
Infected Cyst on Face
A sebaceous cyst is a benign formation that build up on the skin surface. It usually consist of a pale, painless bump in the skin which normally is small but can grow to a big pimple.as compared to acne that forms in blocked pores, a sebaceous cyst usually do not show signs of infection.
A sebaceous cyst is commonly caused by blocked hair follicle, physical trauma or high levels of testosterone in the body.
A cyst can also form when keratin block the passage way of a sebaceous gland. This causes sebum form in the area forming an infected cyst in the face to appear.
Symptoms of an infected cyst
- Increase in body temperature
- Red lines in within the cyst
- Discharge of pus
- Foul smell.
Infected Pimple on Face what to do
This occurs when the follicle under your skin’s surface clogs from excess oil, dirt, together with dead skin cells, which allow bacteria to cause an infection.
Bumps usually occur in all areas of the body but the common areas are face, chest, shoulders, back, and neck. There are home remedies that can be done to treat pimples but when you realize no change it is better to seek medical attention.
Steps to be followed when treating pimples at home:
Using a mild cleanser with a wash cloth and scrub gently the affected area, and rinse with warm water and dry it up with a clean towel.
This should be done twice daily to reduce the excess oil and dirt from your skin and helps to reduce or remove acnes.
Apply a stipulated anti-bacterial cream that you can acquire over the counter to the infected pimple. Make sure you follow the instruction given on the cream on use. The anti-bacterial cream helps to eliminate the bacteria that cause the acne and reduce the fatty acids that are used to irritating the pores.
If you have Aloe Vera gel, apply a thin layer on your skin as it contains natural antibiotic and antiseptic features that help to reduce the inflammation and eliminate the bacteria.
Make an appointment with your doctor or dermatologist if the infected pimple do not respond to the home care that you have carried. He/she may be the right person to prescribe a topical medication rightful to the infection at hand.
What to avoid
- At all times, do not mix medications on your skin s it may worsen or create more infections. Some people may use over the counter medicine together with the doctor’s prescription which are almost the same or much different causing reactions to the skin.
- Also avoid squeezing the infected pimple as this releases the bacteria on the skin resulting to more acne formation on your skin.
- The creams should not be allowed to come in contact with your eyes for they are very sensitive to irritation.
Infected Pimple on Face Pictures
We have some of the pictures that may help you compare your situation with the research we have on this site. This are some of the photos and pictures on infected pimple on the face.
How to get rid of Infected Pimple on Face
In our life time, each and every one of us may have had an experience of a pimple on his /her body. Pimples may go away on their own without application of any medicine but others require attention. This is given to pimples which become infected and cause a lot of discomfort. Getting rid of an infected pimple on face may vary according to the effectiveness of the treatment on one’s body.
Treating a pimple
- You should first wash your face with the use of a mild cleanser at least twice in a day. This will help remove excess oils and dirt that that may covered the area.
- Find a skin care product that will help you exfoliate your part of skin that has an infected pimple. A good exfoliator is salicylic acid though the exercise should not be done in excessive.
- Kill whatever that caused an infection to the acne by use of recommended creams that you can acquire over the counter.
- Minimize the oil by use of products that can help you to exfoliate the surface of your skin reducing sebum on it.
Infected Pimple on Face Treatment
Every person should know how to get rid of a pimple without worrying about going to see a doctor. This is because at least once in a life time you may have a pimple on your skin. Pimples are very irritating especially when you are approaching a very important event. Research has it that before an important event you may be nervous with strong emotions. This activate hormones to be released causing a pimple to be formed in your face.
How pimples appear
- Acnes as I said earlier can be caused by stress, hormonal changes and even presence of unhealthy substances in the diet.
- Another cause is heredity, where by in your family there are genes associated with pimples on the skin.
- After shaving, especially with disposable or manual razors where by the hair end is sharpened enabling it to re penetrate the skin, you may develop an infected pimple.
- Care products may clog pores causing sebum to remain in the skin hence when the bacteria finds its way to mix with dirt and the oil may result to infection that result to a pimple.
How to get rid of a pimple overnight
- When at home, first of all determine what kind of pimple you are having. On squeeze headed pimples by pressing it down lightly around the areas of inflammation but if you fill pain then it is not the right time to press it. This mean you will have to wait or else you develop a bigger one, or in the worst case spread the infection.
- If the acne is ready, you will need to have a cotton pad, a mirror or magnifying glass, alcohol or any other disinfectant with a light. Wipe the pimple with alcohol or disinfectant reduce skin infection to a minimum level, and also disinfect your hands to kill germs.
- In a gentle manner push the core of the pimple making sure not to grip the surrounding skin.
- Remove all the pus out of the pimple at once so that you may not harm the affected area by the repeated squeezing.
- After wiping off the pus, treat the spot with some alcohol or any other disinfectant that you may have.
- Take some remedy that removes toxins from your body to prevent them from reaching the skin again to cause new inflammation.
- Do not use makeup on this day as swelling occurs very quickly.
- You can use lotion at night to relieve redness. Also boil equal amount of chamomile and celandine and apply the resulting content on the inflamed spot with a cotton for at least 10 minutes.
- Press the ice cubes against the inflamed skin. Do not do this directly as the ice may damage the skin tissue cells, there for cover the ice cubes with a towel or a clean cloth.
- Do not eat food products that may cause inflammation such as sweet soft drinks, fat meat, candies, sausages and other junk food.
- To help reduce swelling, after washing your face in the morning as usual, wipe your face with iced cubes. Depending on your skin type or preference apply healing cream to hide the remaining traces of bumps.
- If some redness still show up you can use a green concealer which is a good remedy to inflammation.
For you to reduce pimples or cure completely can do the following recommendations:
- Make sure sleep and have enough rest;
- Avoid eating junk food;
- Keep off from bad habits;
- And always stay clean.
You May Also Like:
- Pimple under Skin, no Head, Hard, Swollen, Hurts, cyst, on Chin, Neck, Face, Get Rid, Pictures
- Pimple on Thigh, Inner, Outer, STD, Boil, Female, wont pop, from rubbing together, under Skin, Treatment
- Pimples on Chest, Acne, Female, Fungal Infection, Get Rid Overnight, Treatment
- Pimples on Eyelid, White Bump, on Upper, Lower, inside, Milia, Cyst, Causes, Treatment
- Pimples on Penile Shaft, Fordyce Spots, Papules, STD Bumps, HPV, Penis Head, Causes, Treatment, Pictures